Translating for ICBC (2-hour workshop) for Certified Members
This workshop is aimed at providing key information on translating/interpreting for ICBC, including:
- How to become an ICBC-approved translator
- ICBC’s translation requirements and recommendations
- Typical documents to translate for ICBC
- Documents that typically do not require translating
- STIBC’s recommendations on formats, typical pitfalls and things to avoid
- Common challenges translators face when translating for ICBC and how to prevent them and/or deal with them
- Interpreting for ICBC’s road exam
- Pricing, invoicing
Attendants will have the opportunity to ask all the questions they have always wanted to ask when it comes to translating and interpreting for ICBC. Exchanging experiences is encouraged.
Presenter: The workshop is held by Tony Auth, member of STIBC’s Board of Directors, in charge of liaising with ICBC, IRCC and other authorities.
Seminar or workshop refunds are offered depending on the nature of the event, and administrative fees may be charged. Cancellations made 24 hours before the event are eligible for a refund. (For those who registered and are paying by cheque or cash, the workshop fee can be paid at the door. No shows will be invoiced if no cancellation received.)
Current STIBC members: To register, and to benefit from the special member price for this workshop, please login to your account on the website.