JOB POSITION--Coordinator: Membership & Educational Services
(Open to Certified & Associate STIBC Members)
The Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC) is seeking a Coordinator: Membership & Educational Services. The Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is primarily responsible for the growth and professional development of STIBC’s membership.
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordination of membership procedures, provision and distribution of information and updates on STIBC’s programs.
- Deliver member services (communications, member-in-good standing letters, etc.)
- Administer membership renewal process
- Manage job referral process, phone referrals, etc.
Educational Services Management
Ongoing improvement of STIBC member examination preparedness, professional development, and communication with membership candidates.
- Manage admissions and implementation of admission policy
- Communicate with potential candidates
- Select texts and provide admission/ethics exams; administer practice exams;
- Oversee exam marking (deliver to markers; review marked exams; notify candidates, etc.)
- Direct ongoing education/professional development/event organization
- Maintain STIBC membership standards
- Supervise office administration
- Recruit/train exam markers
- Maintain member files
- Track/record certified member continuing education/professional development credits
- Order stamps/seals
- Support STIBC Executive Director, members, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant education and/or work experience
- Experience in office administration and customer service
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Webmail
- Familiarity with the fields of translation and interpretation; language professional
- English language fluency
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to contribute to evening/weekend events
WORK SCHEDULE: 6 paid hours per day; 5 days per week
SALARY: $20 per hour
HOW TO APPLY: Please e-mail a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience and skills fulfill the requirements of the position outlined above, to [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 pm, Tuesday, May 15, 2018
NOTE: Please do not visit, e-mail, or call the Society’s office directly. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance.