We are pleased to announce that the Language Portal of Canada is now on Canada.ca and is called Resources of the Language Portal of Canada! All site content remains free of charge and accessible from noslangues-ourlanguages.gc.ca.
Although the site still has the same address, some sections have been renamed and moved. Don’t forget to check and update any links to the Portal in your Favorites or on your websites where the Portal is mentioned!
- The content of the writing tools has been streamlined and improved to make browsing easier.
- The site is accessible on all mobile devices.
- The Gateway to English | Le français sans secrets search tool is now called Language Navigator.
- Social media have become the main information tool for all new Portal content and will replace Headlines. The email notification service provides a recap of the main news once a week.
- The Discover section has been improved and renamed Collection of Canadian language resources.
- Other functions will soon be added so that a greater number of Canadians can be reached; for example, the Portal Blog (coming in spring 2017) will replace the former From Our Contributors
Take the virtual tour to find out about all the functionalities!
The standard items will still be there!
The Resources of the Language Portal of Canada is also keeping the Portal’s “greatest hits”:
- TERMIUM Plus®, the Government of Canada’s terminology and linguistic data bank, continues to be regularly updated and remains free of charge, along with all the site content.
- Writing tools and Canadian resources dealing with various aspects of language are staying.
The Portal Team is taking advantage of these changes to build up its Ambassador Program. How can you help us in your role as ambassadors?
- By promoting our content through your professional and personal networks.
- By telling us about your language content interests and needs.
- By suggesting that your major discoveries be added to our collection of external language resources.
- By telling us how the Portal helped you meet a challenge.
Our goal is to create a large, active and representative community to meet the needs of Canadians and help them communicate effectively in both official languages. Become an ambassador today to take an active part in improving and promoting the Portal’s resources! Contact us to find out whether your organization or community is eligible for cross-promotion agreements to raise the profile of your projects and events.
Keep up to date with the Portal!
There are a number of ways you can stay up to date on Portal news:
You can also send your questions and feedback to the Portal Team.
Karim Adam, manager / gestionnaire
Language Portal of Canada team | Équipe du Portail linguistique du Canada
Translation Bureau | Bureau de la traduction
70 Crémazie Street, 9th floor, Gatineau, QC K1A 0S5 | 70, rue Crémazie, 9e étage, Gatineau (QC) K1A 0S5
Facsimile | Télécopieur 819-994-3999
Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur 1-800-926-9105
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Visit ourlanguages.gc.ca - The Language Portal of Canada | Visitez noslangues.gc.ca - Le Portail linguistique du Canada