POSITION: Administrative & Events Coordinator
SUMMARY: The Administrative & Events Coordinator is responsible for carrying out office tasks and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The person acts as an assistant to the Executive Director in the organization and implementation of long-term, general and day-to-day operations, administration and facilities management of the Society. He/she also represents a point of contact for members of the Society and for the general public. Must be comfortable working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. Solid command of the spoken and written English language is essential and knowledge of a second language and/or translation/interpreting an asset.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Advisor, Membership & Educational Services
- Handle incoming calls: give referrals or transfer calls to the Executive Director or the Advisor, Membership & Educational Services.
- Prepare for workshops: set up the room as per facilitator’s instructions, assist with computers and projector, create sign-in sheets, welcome participants and handle last-minute payments.
- Manage social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Eventbrite): post events and reminders, post pictures of events and look for interesting articles to share.
- Create and manage the filing system and file documents.
- Manage membership renewal: create and send membership cards, create and update records.
- Check and order office supplies.
- Handle all payments by cheque/e-transfer or through business online banking.
- Track daily payments and petty cash expenses on the office Excel sheets.
- Maintain the monthly bookkeeping report: download the credit card, cheque and cash transactions for the month, break them down and create a report.
- Send reports and documents to the accountant.
- Deposit money and cheques on the bank account.
POSITION TYPE: Temporary full-time position (6 months). Starting date January 2, 2018
10:30 am – 5:00 pm (including unpaid 30-minute lunch break)
SALARY: $14 ~ $18 per hour depending on experience
RÉSUMÉS TO: STIBC HR Committee
#400 – 1501 West Broadway
Vancouver, B.C. V6J 4Z6
Email: [email protected]
DEADLINE: December 8, 2017
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.